Blackpool Tower Ballroom
The Tower Ballroom located within the Grade I listed Blackpool Tower, was built in 1897 and designed by Frank Matcham, the designer of Blackpool Grand Theatre, and opened in 1899. Quadriga started work to restore parts of the ornate plastered ceiling in early 2017, working within a very short timeframe to accommodate existing commitments of the ballroom.
Scope of works:
- Plaster repairs to original plaster mouldings
- Casting of new plaster from moulds taken from the original plaster features
- Secure loose sections by providing new wadding and wiring
- Redecoration - which involved on site mixings of paints to match to the original 1897 features and colours
Why use Quadriga?
- A team of multi-skilled specialists
- Experienced historic building restorers
- Dedicated to innovation
- Understand traditional and contemporary materials and techniques
- Quadriga believe in conservation