Coach House, Wilmslow
Client: Lambert Smith Hampton
Contract: Facade Restroration | Status: Principal Contractor | Value: £25,000
In 2016 Quadriga were instructed to undertake external repairs at the Coach House, a Grade II listed building.
The Royal London Campus, Wilmslow, is a premier employment location. In 2016 Quadriga were instructed to undertake external repairs at the Coach House, a Grade II listed building at the site.
As part of the works, Quadriga installed a new clock face dial to the clock tower to the same size and design as the original. The existing dials were removed and wire brushed along with the hands. The new and existing hands were painted with primer, undercoat and black gloss and were finished alongside the numerals and minute marks with English gold leaf. The new and existing clock faces were reinstated and a bespoke new clock mechanism was installed.
Works also included:
- Erection of scaffold
- Raking out and re-pointing of masonry
- Full clean of the clock tower and front elevation masonry
- Timber repairs on the clock tower and preparation of new treated timber for decoration
- Repair and re-decoration of roof turrets
- Dismantle and re-build of roof
Why use Quadriga
- A team of multi-skilled specialists
- Experienced historic building restorers
- Dedicated to innovation
- Quadriga believe in conservation
- Understand traditional and contemporary materials and techniques