Grimsby Cenotaph was unveiled on December 8th 1921 and was awarded Grade II listing on June 20th 1999. It commemorates all those who fought and were injured or killed in the First and Second World Wars. The restoration aimed to preserve the memorial so that future generations can visit to pay their respects and reflect on the past.
Quadriga were employed to clean and restore the cenotaph in time for its centenary Armistice Day celebrations.
- Superheated steam clean to existing marble and granite monument
- Raking out and re-pointing of all joints and fissures
- Removal and re-setting of coping stones with lead covering
- Removal and re-setting of existing granite steps
- Repointing of existing granite steps
- Re-fixing and replacement of existing lead lettering
- Replacement of plaque screws