Bridge Street is one of the four original streets built inside Roman Chester and is home to the Chester Rows which are continuous half-timbered balconies accessed by steps, which form a second row of shops above those at street level. Many of these structures date back as far as the Middle Ages with alterations made over the years. This particular Grade II* listed building was constructed in 1910 but had unfortunately been neglected over many years.
Quadriga were employed to carry out full external restoration work.
- Removing defective timbers, installing new oak sections and carrying out resin repairs where necessary
- Restoration work to the lime rendered panels to prevent further water ingress
- Redressing lead work to roof and replacement of damaged slates
- Removal of decaying sections of window frames and renewal with oak sections or resin repairs
- Leaded windows and cast iron casements were reinstated to match the original features
- Restoration of cast iron rainwater gutters, brackets and downpipes
- Installation of bird deterrent system
- Painting of the entire façade in traditional black and white using specialist Farrow and Ball paint