115 High Street is a listed building positioned on the main street in Merthyr Tydfil and was not only an eyesore but was also structurally dangerous. Vibrant and Viable Places (VVP) funding has enabled a local Housing Association to acquire this Grade II listed property in Merthyr Tydfil High Street which was in a severely poor state of disrepair. The funding has enabled the development of the building into 2 new homes and provides an opportunity for business enterprise on the ground floor.
- Faience repairs including stitching and pinning, in situ restoration, repointing and replacement blocks.
- Installation of new structural steel beams
- Installation of façade restraint system
- New slate roofing with lead dressings
- Installation of new windows and shop front
- Asbestos removal
- Damp proofing and rot treatment