The church of St Michael & All Angels is charming Grade II* listed 12th century church in the old part of Letcombe Bassett.
As part of a 10 year programme Quadriga’s work included restoration to the hard wood flooring to the aisle, vestry and porch which were all Victorian additions designed by William Butterfield, a Gothic Revival architect associated with the Oxford Movement.
Quadriga repaired areas of decayed oak to the joist and floor boards , the majority of work was done by splicing in new like for like pieces of timber.
Other works included;
- Installation of Cintec stitching anchors
- Stone restoration to include re-build of the inner skin of a stone wall to Nave and Aisle
- Application of lime wash to plaster walls and ceilings
- Treat timber to Tower with water bourn timber treatment
- Removal of external render
- Application of new external render to match existing