Quadriga Contracts Ltd are recruiting an Estimator with a construction focus to join the team at their head office in Northwich, Cheshire.
- To be an active member of the Company’s Estimating Team, undertaking high quality and accurate Trades pricing as part of the production of tender opportunities from the initial pre-qualification stage through the preparation and adjudication process to final submission. Working will be either autonomously or as part of a team environment dependent upon the size of the bid.
Accountabilities and Key Tasks
- To be a proactive member of the estimating team, providing accurate and auditable costings
- To be responsible for the delivery of fully costed and detailed pricing in response to client specifications with appropriate back-up data and audit trail documentation.
- Assist in the production and submission of tenders for various clients under the direction of the Operations Director.
- Control of all actions, methods & output of each estimation under his/her remit
- Provide support to other members of the team.
- Liaise with the client’s representatives to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and constraints
- Carry out site surveys and produce spreadsheet analysis of the results
- Liaise with the operations staff to ensure a complete solution is put forward against the specific requirements
- To comply with the Company’s Policies, Management Plans and Procedures
- To fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans
- To support the Company’s Quality Policy Statement and actively participate in the achievement of Company and personal Quality objectives
- Relevant industry experience as an Estimator
- Commercial awareness
- Sound working knowledge of the local market.
- Extensive trades knowledge
- Time, resource & financial managerial experience
- Able to plan and organise effectively
- Well-developed people management skills
- Strive for business excellence & continuous improvement.
- Health & Safety
- Quality control
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Highly computer literate and analytical – competent in use of Microsoft Excel and estimating software
- Current driving licence
Quadriga delivers award-winning refurbishment projects across the public and commercial private sectors.
Quadriga is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If this role sounds like a good fit please email Lindsay Law on firstname.lastname@example.org